Human Resource Associate – Full Time
James Martin Associates, Inc. is a facility service/landscape management company celebrating 43 successful years. We are looking for a Human Resource Associate to join our high performing and always flexible team. This position will report directly to the COO and have regular interaction with the CEO and two general managers at two company locations. This position is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides support to both of our locations. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Lead Sourcing and Recruiting Efforts for Mundelein, IL and Longmont, CO Operations
- Lead Hiring Process for candidates, pre-screen, schedule all interviews, perform background checks, conduct reference checks and preparation of offer letters for both locations to ensure it runs smoothly from pre-hire to onboarding.
- Lead new hire orientations.
- Administer benefits and assist associates with any benefit related questions.
- Lead High School, Jr College, and University Recruiting efforts, including Attending Career Fairs.
- Administer leave of absences such as FMLA and Worker’s Comp.
- Maintain and manage employee records and HR documentation.
- Assist with updating the Associate Handbook and communicating policy changes.
- Support retention, performance management and employee separation programs.
- Facilitate all associate-base surveys focused on staff satisfaction.
- Ensure a safe work environment and manage tracking.
- Maintain confidentiality at all time and safeguard associate records.
- Coordinate Human Resource support from other administrative associates.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to, function effectively under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity, and fair-mindedness.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the company.
- Adept at working with leadership to influence/facilitate change and accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including performance management, benefit administration, recruiting at all career levels, employee relations, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Proactive learner and communicator.
- SHRM certified a plus.
- 5-7 years of human resource experience.
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred and considered an advantage.
Compensation & More:
- Monday-Friday in-person.
- Year-Round Position.
- Medical, Dental, Life, 401K, and Generous PTO.