Schwake Stone has been Chicago’s leading supplier of quality stone products since 1946, with over 70 years of service. Specializing in building, landscaping, garden stone, quality outdoor living area materials and custom cut limestone and bluestone.
Schwake Stone is seeking CDL Driver to deliver and pickup materials in a safe and timely manner. This position has the responsibility to safely drive our company trucks, trailers, and equipment.
CDL Driver Job Summary
CDL Driver Job Skills
- Load and unload materials from truck.
- Drive truck and trailer to and from supplier locations, yard and job sites.
- Work closely with Schwake GM to schedule time appropriately to meet schedules.
- Perform daily inspection of truck and trailer, reporting vehicle maintenance issues to mechanic.
- Hours estimated between 30-40 per week.
- CDL required, with excellent safe driving record.
- Experienced and competent driver skills for CDL weight truck and trailer combination.
- Ability to operate equipment – forklift, dump truck, flatbed (we can train as needed).
- Physically able to lift/move heavy materials in a safe manner (around 40lbs).
- 1-3 years’ experience driving/deliveries.
- Experience with stick shift is preferred.
- Great customer service and punctuality.
This is a non-exempt position with a comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, 401(k) with match and Generous Paid Time Off.
To apply visit us at www.schwakestone.net/careers/
Thank you for applying. Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified applicants will receive a response.