Schwake Stone, is seeking an experienced yard associate to help with general labor duties including maintaining the yard and guiding customers.
Schwake Stone has been Chicago's leading supplier of quality stone products for over 75 years. We offer a wide-range of products including: paving stone, landscape stone, aggregates and pebbles, soil and mulch, cut stone, and landscape accessories.
Essential Functions of this role:
Job Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Inventory and Yard Management - Assist with the monthly inventory count, completing in a timely manner by the 1st business day of each month. Unload and store materials when delivered. Maintain a well-organized Schwake material yard.
- Customer Service - Provide customer service by loading and unloading customer vehicles and trucks. Review yard materials and answer customer questions as needed. Load and unload Schwake delivery trucks as needed. Occasionally make deliveries as directed.
- Snow Team - Assist with an assigned snow team throughout the snow season; help with recruiting drivers shovelers and sub-contractors, Complete your route or assignment within the allowed hours and material allowances, without an accident or injury and without any customer complaints.
- Forklift operation experience is a plus
- Knowledge of landscape/hardscape material
- Positive attitude, prepared to work in an intense, cooperative team environment.
- Effective problem solver; and a flexible, hardworking individual who is highly
Expected hours require flexibility to work between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm, including Saturdays. There are potential work hours during the snow season to assist with snow operations.
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, 401(k) with match and Generous Paid Time Off.
Thank you for applying. Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified applicants will receive a response.