James Martin Associates seeks an experienced, landscape maintenance supervisor to work with a crew, to plan and direct its productivity and effectiveness throughout the landscape season. This position will continue during the winter season in snow plow removal operation responsibilities.
James Martin Associates has been designing and managing practical, creative, and award-winning landscapes in the Chicagoland region since 1977.
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized individual to join our team.
Landscape Maintenance Supervisor Job Summary
Landscape Maintenance Supervisor Job Skills
- Plan, schedule and actively work with a landscape maintenance service crew from season start to end, ensuring quality workmanship and efficient production.
- Communicate daily expectations with crew members.
- Lead, supervise and coordinate the continued training and development of your crew.
- Coordinate materials, labor, and equipment.
- Meet with the client on site to resolve issues, provide customer service.
- Snow team responsibilities may include plow driving, shoveling, and other duties during winter events.
- Assist with irrigation activities as needed.
Landscape Maintenance Supervisor Requirements
- Essential competencies and characteristics:
- Excellent knowledge of proper, horticultural & maintenance services.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and hardworking.
- Able to manage and safely operate landscape maintenance equipment.
- Continuously think ahead, to make the project go smoothly and within projected cost expectations.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with crew.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong plant identification, plant health care knowledge.
- Be dependable and effective every day on the job.
- Math skills utilized on job reporting and management.
- 3 years experience in landscape maintenance supervision.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to our insurance company.