James Martin Associates, Inc. is a facility service/landscape management company celebrating 43 successful years. We are looking for a Bookkeeper to join our high performing and always flexible team. This position will report to the Senior Bookkeeper and have regular interaction with two general managers of two company locations, as well as administrative team members.
Bookkeeper Qualifications & Skills:
- Enter invoices and credits after pairing with Purchase Order/Receiving documents
- Balances vendor accounts, calls vendors to handle discrepancies
- Produce and file 1099s at year end
- Prepare, batch and process payroll for bi-weekly staff payrolls (hourly and salaried)
- Set up the weekly deductions for employee expenses and contributions
- Assist in the reconciliation of General Ledger balance sheet accounts as assigned
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of reports for annual audit
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Assist in maintaining historical records by filing documents within existing system.
- Supports the reconciliation of intercompany transactions, monthly and annually.
- Support Sr. Bookkeeper and GM’s with accounts receivables.
- Support, review and manage accounts payable and payroll processes.
Education and Experience:
- High Organization and Planning Skill and Accountability
- Proactive and Collaborative Team Communication Experience and Skill
- Accurate and Detailed Data Entry Experience and Skill
- Understanding of Basic Accounting and Financial Accounting Standards
- Proactive Analysis of Financial Information and Variances
- Confidential Communication Sensitivity Skill
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office Skill
- Great Plains experience preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- 5+ years previous bookkeeping and payroll experience
- Advanced Excel skills, Great Plains experience is a plus
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
Based upon experience, skill and qualifications, this position has a compensation range of $17-$23 an hour. We offer medical and dental insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays and 401k with a match!