James Martin Associates, Inc. is a facility service/landscape management company celebrating 43 successful years. We are looking for a Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper to join our high performing and always flexible team. This position will report to the Senior Accountant/Bookkeeper and have regular interaction with two general managers of two company locations, as well as administrative team members.
Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper Qualifications & Skills:
- Reconciliation of General Ledger balance sheet accounts as assigned
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Supports the reconciliation of inter-company transactions, monthly and annually
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of reports for annual audit
- Support Sr. Accountant/Bookkeeper and GM’s with accounts receivables
- Support, review and manage accounts payable and payroll processes
- Enter invoices and credits after pairing with Purchase Order/Receiving documents
- Balances vendor accounts, calls vendors to handle discrepancies
- Produce and file 1099's at year end
- Prepare, batch and process payroll for bi-weekly staff payrolls (hourly and salaried)
- Assist in maintaining historical records by filing documents within existing system.
Education and Experience:
- High Organization and Planning Skill and Accountability
- Proactive and Collaborative Team Communication Experience and Skill
- Accurate and Detailed Data Entry Experience and Skill
- Understanding of Basic Accounting and Financial Accounting Standards
- Proactive Analysis of Financial Information and Variances
- Confidential Communication Sensitivity Skill
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office Skill
- Great Plains experience desirable
Compensation & Benefits:
- 2-3 years previous Staff Accountant/bookkeeping and payroll experience
- Advanced Excel skills, Great Plains experience is a plus
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
Based upon experience, education, skill and qualifications, this exempt position has a compensation range of $38,000 to $47,000 annually. We offer medical and dental insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays and 401k with a match!